Live, Learn, Lead!
We are a growing school and always looking for qualified teachers who are not wanting to teach in the traditional way.
If you believe that children are people, not empty vessels waiting to be filled with our superior knowledge, then The Daniel Academy is looking for someone like you. Existing teachers have gone through the steps below and are passionate about our school. We like to keep them as long as we can!
1. Read “For the Children’s Sake” by Susan Schaeffer
2. Watch Ken Robinson on TED talks
3. Watch Finnish School System by Michael Moore on You Tube
4. Write out the 4 phases of children and young adults and what makes each phase different and what you think about it.
5. Read “Perfect Health” by Mary-Ann Shearer (available on www.mary-anns.net)
6. Write a 1 page summary detailing your understanding of the principles discussed in the above resources (see points 1-3)
7. Send us your CV with references.
Once we received the above, we can then schedule to meet with you and discuss teaching opportunities at our school, should you be happy with our requirements.
We will then invite you to observe classes for a month at our school and at the end of the month, we will meet with you. If we are all in agreement that this is where you would like to teach, we can discuss which teaching position will be best suited for you at our school.